Lifting up a fish and removing the hooks aren’t easier, if you don’t have the equipment like a fish lip grabber. Without this equipment it wouldn’t be comfortable while your hands would be at risk of being injured by the sharp teeth of the fish. Such a grabber comes with the jaws to easily lift up a fish and you could easily place the jaws into the mouth of the fish. The tough jaws can grab strongly and there isn’t a chance of getting the fish lost. Mostly these jaws are made from tough metal like aluminum or heavy duty molded plastic. So, you will get the confidence to simply pull up a fish into your kayak or boat.
Mostly the metal based grabber comes with a spring loaded top front to lead an easier operation. Although, the plastic based grabber doesn’t have a spring based top front, but with an easier and comfortable handle you can open up the jaws in the same way. So, both designs are useful to handle the live fish.
- 1 7 Best Fish Lip Grippers To Lift Up and Control The Live Fish
- 2 Plastic Vs Metal Grippers
- 3 What Makes a Gripper Perfect?
7 Best Fish Lip Grippers To Lift Up and Control The Live Fish
So, to control a catch without being injured and tired, we got the best fish lip grippers that are useful to work.
|Grippers||Made With||Scale Included?||Capacity||Ratings|
Z ZANMAX Fish Grips Tool Set
|Stainless Steel||Yes||15 Kg||4.7|
Booms Fishing G01
|Stainless Steel||Yes||15 Kg||4.7|
Fiblink Portable Fish Grabber
Fiblink Portable Grip Tool
|Stainless Steel||No||18 Kg||4.8|
SAN LIKE Fish Controller
This package includes some unique tools like a plier and gripper. When it comes to uplifting a fish, it can make the job easier like you wish. Because a handle with a comfortable grip won’t let the fish drop to the floor while the wrist strap can grab the gripper securely. The anti corrosion gripper has the perfect power to lift up a fish without getting it bent or broken. On the other hand, the anti corrosion material makes the access simple to any type of water. It has a built in scale that will show the weight when you uplift the fish. The spring loaded measurement can also figure out the weight while it can lift up to 15 kg.
- Strong and anti corrosion gripper holds the fish strongly and withstands the damage of saltwater.
- Wrist strap and gripper for the maximum security when you lift up a fish.
- Built in measurement (spring loaded) scale to weigh the weight at the same time.
- Ruler tape includes to figure out the length of the fish.
- Catch up to 15 kg.
- The measurement might not be accurate.
- Only holds up to 15 kg, that is limited compared to contenders.
The Booms Fishing G01 is almost similar to the last contender and is able to lift up a fish up to 15 kg. Although, there’s a debate about the accuracy of the scale. But its quality grip would help the user to simply lift up a big fish. On the other hand, the wrist strap is stronger to secure the gripper more than you expect. You won’t get the gripper dropped when you weigh a fish. The wrist strap can additionally help to strongly hold this little unit. When you need to operate it into the mouth of the fish, the built in spring at the front top makes it easy to connect. The stainless steel polish on the shaft protects it from saltwater for the simple usability in saltwater.
- Extra wrist strap makes the connection better between your hand and fish.
- Corrosion resistant material enhances usability.
- Spring at the front top to easily grab the lip of the fish.
- Eva foam on the handle to grab it with comfort.
- Lightweight and ruler tape included to measure the length.
- The measurement to weigh a fish might not be accurate.
One of the lightweight, strong and wise tools to use in fishing. This tool will let you easily open up the jaws and quickly lift up a fish. It has been made with aircraft grade anodized aluminum that has an extended strength and efficiency to remain undamaged after all your fishing trips in saltwater. The innovative design of it ensures the fish won’t be harmed when you keep it grabbed. Because, the rotatable handle would save the lip of the fish from being over-pressurized. On the other hand, the skid proof handle has a rubber grip to provide comfort to its user. Moreover, the shaft includes a built-in scale that is easy to read when you grab something.
- Anodized aluminum is strong to hold the weight without skidding.
- Spring at the top to easily get the fish into the jaws.
- Rotatable handle to reduce the pressure on the lips and save the fish from being harmed.
- Skidproof handle will help the user to hold the fish without any skid.
- Built in scale to easily guess the weight.
- The gripping power would be limited for large fish.
To hold a large fish by a grabber, it must need to have a comfortable and skid-proof handle. And this pick from Fiblink is able to offer a user to get this opportunity as it won’t skid from your hand. On the other hand, the rotatable handle is great to handle a fish without letting it be harmed. You could comfortably place the finger into the hole to simply open up the jaws and there is just a minimal chance to get the catch harmed. Those spring loaded jaws will tightly hold up your catch without any skid. The rust resistant jaws won’t also make the usability limited whether it is freshwater or saltwater fish. The built in scale could help anyone to know the weight of the catch at the same time.
- Skid proof foam on the handle and 360 degree rotation simplifies grabbing.
- Spring loaded jaws to tightly hold the catch.
- Minimal chance of harmed.
- Rust proof jaws to simply withstand the rusts.
- Scale included to know the weight in real time.
- Easy to operate.
- The hook would be smaller to hold up a large catch.
- Scale printing should be more clear.
No doubt anyone would love this fish controller for an innovative addition like digital scale. So you would simply find out the accurate weight of your catch without any move like a built in scale on the shaft does. You shouldn’t worry about splashing the water as IP65 protection can resist the damages. You could read the display in any condition as it includes a LED backlight to clearly display the number. Moreover, the 360 degree rotation of the handle won’t put you on struggling when the fish moves. The skid proof rubber handle on it is great to control a large fish without sweating and the scale will shut off in less than a minute after weighing.
- Digital scale with an LED backlight to read the display in any condition.
- IP65 protection saves the digital scale from the damage of water.
- Auto shut down after 30 seconds.
- 360 degree rotation to keep the fish under your control when you weigh.
- Strong and rust proof to last longer.
- Would be a little bit problematic to read the display under sunlight.
The plastic gripper has an advantage to trap the fish as it won’t harm the lips like metal does. The jaws can effectively grab the lips without harming them. It is lightweight and 10 inch long while it is able to hold up more than 15 kg. The easy handle can simply open up the jaws to make the operation comfortable and it floats if it drops in the water. Although it has a lanyard to enhance the security and it would help you to hold it with better strength. Moreover the bright color can enhance the visibility and you can still find it out if it drops in the water. It’s also not much pricey and any angler would be able to simply afford it.
- It holds the fish with less harm compared to a metal grabber.
- Lightweight and easy to operate.
- Floats and bright color for a perfect visibility.
- Lanyard included to keep it more secured on your hand.
- Can grab more than 15kg and very affordable.
- Would fail to survive when it needs to hold up a large fish.
The Rapala 9 is another efficient fish grabber that is strong and molded from tough plastic. The ultimate aim of this plastic based grabber is to handle a fish without creating any damage on the lip. They intentionally and wisely designed the jaws to save the lip of the fish. This lightweight grabber can be operated single handedly and you could easily place the jaw into the mouth of a fish. Aside from grabbing a fish strongly, it is also able to release a fish simply. As a plastic based grabber, you can bring it to your saltwater fishing trip. It also floats to eliminate being lost and the wrist lanyard can add better security to handle a fish.
- Efficiently designed jaws to reduce the harm and add more grabbing power.
- Molded from heavy duty plastic to simplify the pressure.
- Easy single handed operation for quick grabbing and easy releasing.
- Floats and wrist lanyard included to save it.
- It doesn’t float properly the way manufacturer describes.
Plastic Vs Metal Grippers
The manufacturer built up the gripper from metal and plastic. Although the metal grippers are more popular compared to plastic. But, the plastic ones are lighter, low pricey and prone to damage the fish minimally. You can easily operate a plastic gripper and you have to keep both parts of the handle under pressure in your palm as if the fish doesn’t fall. Although, sometimes it breaks down if the fish is big.
The metal grippers are more powerful to control a fish. But the tough jaws are prone to damage the lips. Moreover you should ensure the grippers are able to survive against saltwater. The anodized aluminum would be great to beat any type of water. The specific polish to withstand the rust also would be beneficial. With a metal gripper you would get a measurement scale and a tape for the dimension of the length and weight. In most cases, the metal grippers include these features and it would help the users. But, a plastic gripper wouldn’t include that. Although, it’s not pricey like a metal gripper.
What Makes a Gripper Perfect?
Does It Have The Scale?
The scale on the gripper is a great addition as you could know the weight of your fish in real time. But, you would have the doubt on some scales as it can’t catch the weight accurately. Although, the digital scale isn’t like that and it would show the accurate result. You don’t need any effort to get the result by a digital scale. On the other hand, the shaft on other grippers would come out with the indicates that literally show the weight of the catch (in built-scale). Although the digital scale is more efficient to show the weight and it would be pricey.
Does It Have The Grip?
To control a catch, you need to strongly hold the grabber and if it slips from your hand, you would probably lose the fish. So, you need to confidently hold the grabber and a proper grip on the handle would do the trick. The foam and rubber grip, both would be perfect when you need to hold up the catch. Otherwise controlling a large fish wouldn’t be easy and at the same time the shaft should be strong. The lanyard also can add extra control and it adds safety for your gripper.
Does It Resist The Rusts?
To apply the gripper in saltwater, especially the metal based one, you should ensure it won’t be damaged. The rusts can damage its efficiency within a few months and it can be useless. So, you should be aware about the quality and real ability to withstand the rusts.