Can you imagine a night time fishing without getting your around lighten up? Of course your answer would be “never”. A headlamp not only a simple and hands free tool, but also it easily focuses your target area by simply turning your head. Most of the headlamps have the adjustability and rotation system as if you can use it effectively. If you do fishing at night, of course you have to count the headlamp as a compulsory gear of fishing. It makes your around accessible and helps to handle the gears & kayak easily.
If you use a torch or other lamps you won’t get that opportunity as a headlamp does for you. You can manage it almost without any attempt, just get the battery charged up, adjust it to your head and active the level of mode you need. The headlamps come with multiple lighting modes as if you can keep active the right one. Even some of the headlamp also features red light or green light to provide the extra advantage for night time fishing.
- 1 How You Should Choose A Headlamp
- 2 10 Best Headlamps For Fishing at Night
- 2.1 1)Brightest and Best 6000 Lumen Headlamp
- 2.2 2)Explortek Nite-Blazer LED
- 2.3 3)Kolpctt Rechargeable Headlamp
- 2.4 4)Wsky 6000 LM LED Headlamp
- 2.5 5)Vitchelo V800 Headlamp
- 2.6 6)GRDE 5 Modes LED Flashlight
- 2.7 7)OxyLED MH20 Ultra Bright Headlamp
- 2.8 8)Foxelli USB Rechargeable Headlamp
- 2.9 9)Boruit Night Hunting Headlamp
- 2.10 10)Luxolite LED Headlamp Flashlight
- 3 Conclusion
How You Should Choose A Headlamp
Before choosing a headlamp if you have these ideas about a fishing headlamp, then your chances of getting the perfect headlamp would be increased.
Know The Lumens: The lumen of a light will decide how powerful the light is. The range for the lumens would be different in number. Suppose if you choose the AAA battery based headlamp, then the lumen for that would be likely from 150-300 and beam length would be limited like 20-30 feet. Although nowadays the battery life for the non rechargeable headlamps would be longer as they use Cree XP-E or high quality LED that provides very powerful brightness but uses less energy.
On the other hand the rechargeable headlamp can come with 200-8000 lumens (or more) to provide a very powerful or optimum brightness with a longer beam length. These headlamps come with high quality and powerful LED and perfectly perfect for a nighttime fishing adventure.
Ensure The Lighting Modes: The multiple lighting modes not only save the battery life, but also provides the options for activating the right lighting mode you actually need. Suppose if you find a gear in the boat, you don’t need to active the light at 4000 lumens or high. So you can immediately turn the light in medium or low mode. Even when you are just waiting at the kayak to get a response, you may need either medium or low mode. I just talked here about the three lighting modes, but the modern lights can even feature more like the strobe and SOS mode.
Is It Waterproof?: A waterproof light can be even activated if the weather unfortunately goes against you. Furthermore, when you are fishing, it can get splashed in any moment, so if the light has a waterproof feature, you don’t have to be worried at that time and you can simply continue the use on any condition.
10 Best Headlamps For Fishing at Night
Here are the ten best headlamps of fishing and in the list you can discover the rechargeable and non-rechargeable both kinds of headlamps. But both kinds of them are best in their category, so choose the right one by your preference.
(May not as accurate as the manufacturer claims)
|Ability To Rotate||Water Resistant||Our Ratings||Price|
Brightest and Best 6000
Kolpctt Rechargeable Headlamp
Wsky 6000 LM
GRDE 5 Modes
Foxelli USB Rechargeable Headlamp
Boruit Night Hunting Headlamp
Luxolite LED Headlamp Flashlight
1)Brightest and Best 6000 Lumen Headlamp
If you have ever dreamed of an adventurous fishing trip at night, then this exceptionally powerful headlamp is for you. I think this is more than fishing light as its powerful 6000 lumen is ready to light up the ample space with keeping your hands in free. The light is easy to mount on your head while 90 degree rotation system of it can help you to move the focus on right angle during your work. It has the zooming system as if you can zoom in to focus on a specific object. The battery life is long lasting even in high mode, but you can enhance that by changing the lighting mode.
What We Like:
- Strong aluminum alloy hull of the bulbs ensures the lights are safe from any impact while it won’t be corroded.
- Water resistant hull ensures the water won’t be responsible to damage the bulbs.
- Cree XML LEDs are powerful to generate crystal clear and steady beams.
- 90 degree rotation ensures you can force the beams to light up the certain angles.
- Can be zoomed the beam to focus on any specific object.
- Longer battery life to fish a long time without the lack of illumination.
2)Explortek Nite-Blazer LED
You need three AAA size batteries to operate this light as it’s not rechargeable. But the surprising battery life(up to 120 hours) doesn’t let you to be expensive. It has Cree XP-E LED that provides amazing brightness and powerful output, but uses very less power. Its 168 lumens LED provides a good beam length(approximately 120 yards) while six different lighting modes ensure the opportunity to use the mode you want. It features a simple carrying case as if you can simply transport it on the fishing spot.
What We Like:
- IPX6 waterproof protection to protect your light if the rains start hitting.
- Cree XP-E LED consumes less energy, but generates high illumination with crystal clear brightness.
- 120 hours of battery life over AAA batteries can save the money and make longer the fishing time.
- Smart switches to easily change the lighting modes and control the red and white lights separately.
- 70 degree adjustable angle to set up the lights on preferable angle.
- Shock resistant, non toxic material makes hull necessarily stronger.
3)Kolpctt Rechargeable Headlamp
This zoomable rechargeable waterproof headlamp offers an easy mounting system with a great adjustability. This simply amazing headlight has three lighting modes in a single button that are high, low and strobe. The beam length it can produce up to 20 feet that are enough wide to perfectly see your front. The non slip waterproof rubber switch of it is very usable and the soft around with the strap also provides a comfortable feel. If you want a quality light in low budget, then this is an ideal model.
What We Like:
- Rechargeable to save you from all expenses of buying AAA batteries.
- 20 feet longer beam length is adequate to fish in the ponds and lakes.
- Simple mounting system to quickly adjust it with your head.
- Three lighting modes can be operated from a single button to make it simply usable.
- Soft around with the strap makes it comfortable over your head.
4)Wsky 6000 LM LED Headlamp
This powerful LED headlamp used anti reflective lenses and electroplating reflectors for a crystal clear brightness. This lighter headlamp also uses aluminum material for the outer surface that is extraordinarily durable. You can keep the lighting on for more than four hours in a row by a single charge while the 6000 lumen of it amazingly creates a very longer beam length. The lights have the 90 degree adjustment ability to turn them on the right angle and these Cree XML-L LED lights are surprisingly powerful and provide a sleek and wider beam with an optimum brightness.
What We Like:
- Anti Reflective lenses and electroplating reflectors as if the beams become more steady and highly bright.
- Can illuminate up to 150 yards while it can stay up to 4-7 hours in high mode.
- Multiple lighting modes to precisely use the illumination.
- Aluminum alloy material on the hull to protect it from being cracked.
- 90 degree rotation to adjust the light on any reliable angle.
5)Vitchelo V800 Headlamp
This is for those who look for a quality AAA battery based headlamp. It features the six levels of lighting modes in the white and red LED that can be precisely used as you need for work. As the way you can also enhance the battery life. It may not provide the support for fishing during the whole night, but if you need hours of fishing then it’s a great light for your outdoor activity.
What We Like:
- Great for fishing a couple of hours, especially in the ponds and lakes.
- 360 feet beam length is enough to light up the targeted area during the fishing.
- CREE XML LED produces high illumination, but consumes less energy.
- Comfortable headband is easy to wear with the adjustable strap.
- Can survive up to 120 hours in low lighting mode.
- Waterproof to simply make it more useful.
6)GRDE 5 Modes LED Flashlight
This GRDE LED flashlight features a powerful 2000 lumens LED bulb that is amazingly brightest and has the five levels of lighting modes. This innovative headlight features a powerful battery that even sometime can be a power bank for your cell phone as it comes with a USB port to charge your phone. The manufacturer also features a wall charger, car charger and USB cable as if you can charge it when you are in the car. It has two rechargeable battery as if you can use the second one as backup.
What We Like:
- 2000 Lumens generates a long beam while the high, low & strobe modes will let you precisely use the beam.
- The zoomable lens will allow you accurately focus over any object.
- 100,000 hours lifetime of the bulb means it will provide an extensive lifetime.
- Additional battery to be used as a back up if the first one dries out.
- 90 degrees adjustable head to focus comfortably over any angle.
7)OxyLED MH20 Ultra Bright Headlamp
It will be actively lighting up the font path for 6 hours in a row by only three AAA batteries. You can get a 328 foot beam length with this 200 lumens LED lamp. It uses Cree XP-E LED for the ultimate energy saving. The Cree XP-E LED also produces a very clear brightness with saving lots of lifetime for the battery. It offers hands free activation, that means you can even easily active the light in the dark.
What We Like:
- Hands free activation of the lighting modes makes it simple to change the length of the beam.
- Automatically turns on in the dark space.
- Energy saving CREE LED to consume less energy and produce a remarkable brightness.
- 90 degree rotation to quickly change the angle of the beam.
- Can be used for hiking, camping, fishing, reading and climbing.
8)Foxelli USB Rechargeable Headlamp
If you look for a powerful LED lamp at an affordable cost, then this headlamp is an extraordinary creation for those seekers. It can constantly light up for 100 hours by a simple charge while the battery can be fully charged up in only two hours. This Cree XP G2 LED brightens superbly with a 400 foot beam length by saving lots of energy. As an innovative headlamp it has 90 degree rotation system and variety level of lighting modes. It is lightweight and has the perfect adjustable strap.
What We Like:
- IPX7 protection to withstand heavy rain. That means you can use it in the most adventurous fishing time.
- Can illuminate up to 100 hours for every single charge.
- Brightest CREE-XP-G2 LED provides a steady beam that is up to 400 feet.
- Easily adjustable and rotate up to 90 degrees to be set up on any angle.
- Elastic headband is soft while it doesn’t hurt the skin.
9)Boruit Night Hunting Headlamp
It has been featured with some different things from the others in the list. The main LED of the headlight features a different third mode that produces high green light for fishing. On the other hand the white light from the main LED creates a long length of the beam in two modes. As a light for outdoor activities the green light would be very helpful. It includes an AC charger, car charger and a bike clip for versatile use.
What We Like:
- XML-T6 LED bulbs create highly bright and more focused beam. The output brightness can be similar to a 5000 Lumens bulb.
- The aluminum alloy shell is strong enough to keep the internal lens safe from cracking.
- Can be used as a bike light as you can adjust a clamp to attach it with the bike’s handle.
- Green light included to use in the different environment.
- Additional battery included to support if the first one loses the energy.
10)Luxolite LED Headlamp Flashlight
This brightest LED headlamp isn’t rechargeable, but the three AAA size batteries can keep lighting up for hours with incredible brightness. You can enhance the battery life by activating the necessary lighting modes you need on work. The light features 4 different modes in white and two different modes in red as if you can easily active the right one as you need. This waterproof light is lightweight compared to other non rechargeable lights and you can easily tilt down to the any size of head by the adjustable strap.
What We Like:
- Separate buttons to differently operate the white and red light while the white light has multiple modes.
- It is able to be used as a table lamp and even a waist lamp.
- IPX6 protection to not to be damaged by water. So, whether you hike, run or fish the rains won’t damage it.
- CREE LED to save the battery life.
- Lightweight to save you from being uncomfortable while you use it.
It’s impossible to imagine an alternative thing instead a headlamp, it not only makes your night time fishing perfect, but also enhances your safety. By these headlamps you can easily handle all the gears with getting your front path clear for an ample space. Furthermore, it makes your kayaking easy and make the any point of the lake completely accessible as you do in daylight.