No doubt the bilge pump is one of the handy tool for anyone who regularly or occasionally goes for adventure in the water by kayak, boat or canoe. The bilge pumps work like an excellent drainage system that can remove the water from bilge. This handy tool not only helps to keep the floor dry by removing the water, but also protect your boat from sinking in the water if the floor gets leaked or cracked. Moreover, if you want to go in the ocean for fishing, kayaking or any adventure with your boat, kayak, or canoe, some rough waves can fill the floor with excess water. And that’s why you need to have a bilge pump to quickly clean out the floor or deck and if you have at least you will be able to make sure that you will safely reach on the shore.
- 1 10 Best Kayak Bilge Pumps-Our Top 10 Picks
- 1.1 1)Seattle Sports Paddlers
- 1.2 2)SeaSense Hand Bilge Pump Hose
- 1.3 3)Seattle Sports Breakaway
- 1.4 4)Sea Eagle High-Volume Manual Bilge Pump
- 1.5 5)Attwood Hand Bilge Pump
- 1.6 6) Zerone Boat Bilge Pump
- 1.7 7)ECO-WORTHY Submersible Boat Bilge Pump
- 1.8 8)SEAFLO Manual Marine Bilge Pump
- 1.9 9)Amarine-made Kayak Bilge Pump
- 1.10 10)Sea to Summit Solution Gear
- 2 Things To Know
- 3 Final Verdict
10 Best Kayak Bilge Pumps-Our Top 10 Picks
If you search for the bilge pumps, you will be able to nearly discover hundreds or more. But I can surely say that all of the models aren’t great to perfectly take out the water from kayak’s floor. So after researching the experience of users I have picked the ten best kayak bilge pumps that properly take out the water and don’t make any leakage even after years of use.
1)Seattle Sports Paddlers
This is one of the perfect manual bilge pump that is very simple to use. You can comfortably use the rubber gripped handle of it for pushing down and pouring out the water outside your kayak. Because of the rubber grip in the handle you can comfortably keep pushing without getting hurt on the palm. Although it doesn’t feature a hose, but you can adjust a hose with the valve to pour out the water outside your kayak. To comfortably take out the water from the floor you should add such a hose that is 1 inch in internal diameter. The neon colored body of the pump is great for a proper visibility and you shouldn’t feel any inconvenience to carry it with your kayak, because it only weighs 12 ounces. Moreover, the plastic body of this pump skips the chances of losing it in the water, because it simply floats on the water.
- The floating foam collar won’t only make it comfortable to grab, also it keeps the pump floated if it falls into the water.
- Ergonomic rubber handle makes the pulling and pushing easier than you think.
- Perfect for single and double person kayak.
- Remains visible and ensures the appearance if it is in the water.
2)SeaSense Hand Bilge Pump Hose
There is a reason why I like the SeaSense Pump a lot, because it is able to reach on the most compact place to take the water, as the reason you can properly clean out the bilge. Like the previous pump of this list it also comes with a rubber gripped handle that is smooth, soft and great for gripping. The high impact handle of the pump will ensure that it is able to create an excellent force when you hardly push it and literally you can simply keep pushing up for minutes for taking gallons of water out from your kayak. Its ergonomic design with anti leak body can provide few years of service while the corrosion resistant body keeps up its excellent service for years. You can adjust a hose for your convenience, but if you don’t, the pump is also able to push the water outside kayak for its great force.
- Anti leak design efficiently loads the water when you pull the handle.
- Able to be reached on any place of the kayak’s floor and clean out the deck.
- Plunger spacer saves the shaft from excessively coming out while it also saves the washer from damage.
- Comes with a hose to easily keep the water out of your vessel during draining.
3)Seattle Sports Breakaway
Like the other ones of these five best bilge pumps the Seattle Sports Breakaway has the extreme capability to easily clean up the kayak’s deck. What I like most on this bilge pump, its aluminum shaft that maximizes the sturdiness. Another perfect thing offers this pump, you can replace the plunger if it is unfortunately damaged. The pump can approximately take up 8 gallons water at every minute that is incredible. By adding a rubber grip with the handle it ensured the comfortability and easiness for using this pump. Even it added a lime colored foam over the body to keep the importance of visibility in mind.
- Aluminum shaft easily consumes the pressure when you pull and push the handle.
- Replaceable plunger as if you can adjust the one to keep the pump still active.
- High visibility rubber grip makes a clear appearance of the pump in water.
- Can pick up to 8 gallons of water at every minute.
4)Sea Eagle High-Volume Manual Bilge Pump
The Sea Eagle High Volume yet another great bilge pump to remove gallons of water at every minute from the deck. Although it looks simple, but the performance level is amazing as the leak proof body will take up the and through the water away with a great force. It features a hose for some extra convenience while the corrosion proof plastic body maximizes the pump’s lifetime. The handle of the pump fits properly with hands and that’s why pushing the handle is easy and convenient. Moreover, there is low risk of losing the pump, because it will float on the water. So never lose again your bilge pump.
- Remains leak proof to pick up gallons of water in minutes and the sturdy shaft can consume huge pressure.
- Hose included to keep the water out during cleaning up.
- A grip to grab the whole pump with an ease.
- Can reach in almost any place of the kayak’s floor.
5)Attwood Hand Bilge Pump
This 18” inch long Attwood Hand Bilge Pump might not make your budget expensive while it’s a great pump that can take up 8 gallons water per minute. Literally, this is one of the excellent thing that this pump can do for you. Its impact resistant feature on a sturdy and lightweight body will allow you to push the handle comfortably without letting anything go wrong. Although you don’t need a hose to use this pump, but if you are comfortable with using a hose, then you should adjust it additionally. Like the other pumps of this list it is able to float in the water, so no worries of losing when you are using it to remove the water.
- Impact resistant and sturdy body to protect it from cracking or any damage comes from the hit.
- Efficient to remove up to 8 gallons of water (per minute). So, you will be able to quickly clean out the bilge.
- 18 inches long and sturdy handle would aid you to comfortably do the operation.
- Hand grip included to keep it afloat and grab strongly during pumping.
6) Zerone Boat Bilge Pump
I would probably recommend it for a large tandem kayak or sea kayak where your vessel would be forced to receive lots of water because of the high waves. It can clean out the kayak’s floor in minutes as its powerful operation would highly force the water to leave the bilge. It would be able to pick up to 750 gallons water per hour. This fully submersible pump detects when a certain water level consumes the deck and automatically starts cleaning. It remains silent after starting operation and automatically turns off when the water level goes to zero. It comes with all the protections like ignition and anti airlock and it won’t burn out when it runs dry.
- Fully submersible and automatically detects when the water level rises. After detecting it pours out the water elsewhere from your boat and turns off when the water level goes to zero.
- It remains silent when it does the operation while the vibrationless performance keeps everything calm.
- Cleans out 750 gallons water at every hour to ensure that it can work with a large vessel.
- The ignition and the anti airlock protection enhance the performance and lifetime.
7)ECO-WORTHY Submersible Boat Bilge Pump
Actually, it is designed to keep dried the bilge of a fishing boat, cruiser and yacht. But, it is able to perform on a large kayak when you especially want to tour or fish in the sea. The water in the bilge that gets access unexpectedly will be cleaned in minutes by this efficient and high performance bilge pump. You can use a float switch to automatically detect the water level and clean without any manual operation. It is entirely submersible and the ignition and anti air lock protection will save from unexpected damages. The rust and corrosion protection will also add an enhanced lifetime and it can be used in any harsh condition.
- Remains noiseless and the moisture tight seals can save the internal parts from the damages you don’t want.
- Completely submersible and it is able to be run with a float switch that simply detects the water level.
- Won’t have any irritated vibration and noise when it runs.
- Efficient motor to tolerate the abuse of cleaning out up to 1100 gallons water.
8)SEAFLO Manual Marine Bilge Pump
From small to an uncomfortable water level, it is efficient to clean out the bilge even without having a manual operation. Basically, it is designed to keep the deck clean of the fishing boat and yacht. But, if you want it to do the same job for your kayak, then it can do it even in the most rugged condition. If the water looks aggressive around your kayak and the kayak’s floor goes under uncomfortable water level, then the water won’t remain there for longer. Because, if you use the float switch, the sensor would even detect the minimal water level and force the pump to drain out the water. The robust motor can drain out up to 1100 gallon water per hour and the ignition protection will save it from the uncertain damage.
- Can be activated by a float switch and it is able to fight with the big water level. The robust motor can drain out a large amount of water at every minute.
- Almost noiseless performance ensures you won’t be irritated when it drains out.
- Submersible and the airtight exterior will protect the core parts of it from the water.
- Sturdy, long life time with a stainless steel shaft.
9)Amarine-made Kayak Bilge Pump
If you like whitewater kayaking and your vessel doesn’t usually face big waves or rough water, then this hand operated pump can be used to overcome those simple obstacles. You will just put the water inlet of the pump over the deck and pull up and push down the handle to drain out the water elsewhere. It will suck the water by water inlet every time you pull the handle. Its anti leak design ensures that it will pick up maximum water every time you pull the handle. The anti skid design will also help you to grab the body of it strongly and expect the maximum performance. You can place the head of this pump on any crucial place of the kayak to clean out the whole deck.
- Anti leak design ensures an extended lifetime while it picks up the maximum water every time the user pulls.
- Anti skid design to ensure that the body of the pump won’t be uncomfortable in your hand.
- Can be placed in almost any place of the kayak to pick up the water from any crucial parts of the kayak.
- Polypropylene makes it strong and keeps cracks free.
10)Sea to Summit Solution Gear
If losing your bilge pump in the water is your concern, then this one from solution gear with high visibility grip would help you to find this out. Actually, the high visibility foam has been adjusted to create a comfortable grip (whenever you grab this) and make a clear visibility. The anodized aluminum shaft makes every action efficient while it won’t bend because of the pressure you put during every stroke. It also adds a stainless steel screw to save it from the corrosion and make the lifetime longer. The 18-inch length also ensures that it can hold lots of water for every stroke while it can efficiently clean up the bilge of single or double person kayak.
- Reflective full length foam makes it comfortable to use while you could easily mark the location of it if it falls into the water.
- Strong alloy shaft won’t break or bend every time you make an action.
- 18 inches length loads lots of water whenever you make an action.
- Can be useful in the single or double person kayak.
Things To Know
Electric Vs Manual
Bilge pumps are efficient and probably we know how they work to keep the deck dry and clean of the kayak. But the bilge pumps work in two different ways. As you may know if you use the electric bilge pump, you don’t need to struggle to lift up or push down the shaft. So, here is a little description.
Manual: The body of the manual bilge pump looks like a sturdy hose and it comes with an internal shaft, washer and some required internal parts to load the water in it from the deck. So, when you will grab the shaft by the adjusted handle and lift it up, the pump will be loaded with the full of water. If you push the shaft the water will come out by the water outlet. You can use a hose with the water outlet to easily throw out the water elsewhere from your kayak. You just have to place the water inlet in the water level over the deck to start cleaning.
Electric: An electric pump runs on batteries on the boat, kayak and yacht. It can be run automatically or by a manual switch. If you use a manual switch, the pump will start working when you turn it on. If the pump supports float switch, you can attach it to force your pump to be run automatically. If you use float switch, it will be used to detect a certain water level and when it detects, the pump will start draining out the water. But, you must know the installment and if you install it correctly, you will no require any manual operation.
Ability To Float
Falling a manual bilge pump in the water isn’t unpredictable. When you are in the water, getting it unconsciously fallen in the water isn’t so much unpredictable. So, if it doesn’t float, you would lose it. Mostly, a bilge pump will be made with high quality plastic and it isn’t enough for the maximum protection. That’s why, most of the pumps use a piece of floatable foam to keep the pump afloat and create a grip. Some pumps also use a specific color to remain visible in the water and it would help you to easily find it out if it falls.
Literally, the size of the pump isn’t a concern for your kayak. A 16 inch manual bilge pump can drain out huge water. You can define the ability of a bilge pump by calculating how many gallons of water it can drain out at every minute. I would still say the size of the bilge pump isn’t a concern. You can clean out lots of water by a manual or small electric pump. But, if you choose a bilge pump for yacht and fishing boat, you may be aware about the size.
Grips On The Handle
It’s not a big deal, but can be helpful to pull and push the handle, you would feel better to grab over a rubber grip on the handle. Sometimes, the hull of the pump would be covered with the full of grip and this is also a helpful addition to a pump.
No matter how simple these pumps look like, they are really helpful to remove the water from kayak. Whether the kayak has been leaked by getting an impact with the rocks or the deck is filled with necessary waters by the rains or waves, when you have a bilge pump you can remove these waters in the matter of few minutes. So get such a handy bilge pump without breaking the bank and enjoy the kayaking with pure confidence.