Every angler knows the importance of a spinning reel as it is one of the most necessary fishing equipment. The spinning reels are easy to operate and that’s why sometimes the starter can easily use it. You can use the spinning reel for both saltwater and freshwater fishing if it is corrosion resistant, because the saltwater corrodes the non-corrosion resistant fishing equipments easily (the reels on our list, all are corrosion resistant). Literally the best spinning reels under $50 in below all are (especially the ones are highlighted below) able to catch from small to medium and even sometimes high sized fishes.
The spinning reels gained extensive popularity for its spectacular design, greater effectiveness and ease of use. On the other hand, it’s inexpensive than other fishing reels and easy to control. In truth you can discover lots of high performance spinning reels out there with different price tags and if you are likely about to find the reels under 50 dollars, then it is still possible to discover the qualities spinning reels under 50 dollars as I showed here.
- 1 7 Best Spinning Reels Under 50 Dollars for Using in Saltwater and Freshwater
- 2 What You Should Consider Before Choosing A Spinning Reel
- 3 Conclusion
7 Best Spinning Reels Under 50 Dollars for Using in Saltwater and Freshwater
Meet here the best spinning reels under 50 dollars that you can use in saltwater and freshwater.
1)KastKing Mela II
This honeycomb reel from KastKing is a lighter spinning reel that uses superior materials for a smooth spinning. It has a carbon fiber drag knob with three washers that provides a strong role against the big catch. The line roller is especially designed to avoid the twist, fatigue and breakage of the line while the double shield corrosion resistant ball bearings provide a smooth operation. Furthermore, the CNC machined spool is amazingly strong that helps to lay the line evenly while a spare graphite spool can give an additional support. Overall, the way this fishing reel is composed that will give you the smoothest fishing experience ever.
Features We Like:
- 5.2:1 gear ratio to easily retrieve the line while the smooth ball bearings ensure a comfortable line retrievement.
- Carbon fiber drag washers simply absorb huge pressure and reduce the weight of the reel.
- Especially designed spool to smoothly hold the fishing lines with eliminating the line twisting.
- Corrosion resistant bearings for a great lifetime of the whole reel.
2)KastKing Sharky II
This affordable KastKing Sharky || is sleek and extremely durable that is able to handle big catches. The quality and durable materials like the alloy drive gear and triple disc carbon fiber drag system ensure no matter how many pressures the line sends into the reel, it will strongly tackle any condition. It ensures an extreme fishing experience by the stainless steel shaft and upgraded precision mesh brass gears. As well, to wrap the lines without any breakage, twist and fatigue it features amazingly durable CNC machined spool while the 10 + 1 corrosion resistant ball bearings provide smoothest reeling without making any noise.
Features We Like:
- Sealed spool and drag eliminate the entrance of the water to provide the double lifetime compared to other ordinary spinning reels.
- Stainless steel shaft to simplify the pressure of handling the large bass and trout.
- Smooth and powerful bearings to easily hold the pressure and simplify the load of the big catches.
- Triple disc drag washers mean it will easily handle the extended pressure.
The Okuma Ceymar Reel has some advance and impressive features and originally designed to perfectly catch the Bass, Walleye, Steelhead, Carp, Catfish and many more. It has multi disc drag system that provides a strongest performance when you reeling for the big catch. As well, the 7BB + 1RB bearing system ensures the smoothness on reeling the lines while the Precision Elliptical gearing system simplifies the control. Furthermore, the corrosion resistant design of this reel will ensure a long lasting performance without making anything corroded.
Features We Like:
- Oil filled drag washers enhance the smoothness, grab the power and protect the internal washers from damaging.
- Multiple discs certainly enhance the power when you need to pick up the big catches.
- Precision Elliptical Gearing to add the balance, smoothness and power.
- Aluminum spool and shaft to decrease the weight and add the strength.
4)Penn Pursuit II
You can undoubtedly expect a better performance from this Penn Pursuit || as it has corrosion resistant body and other quality features for having numerous fishing trips in saltwater. Amazingly, this Spinning Reel has been renowned by many professionals and undoubtedly this is one of the quality choice in limited budget. It has the four shielded ball bearings for smooth and powerful reeling while the infinite anti reserving system adds reliability for fishing. The Machined and Anodized aluminum reel is not only durable, but also it helps to lay the line more evenly. It’s lightweight and because of the extreme durability you can confidently use it for a big catch.
Features We Like:
- Ergonomic handle with a lighter, stronger and machined spool to lay the line evenly with the fullness of comfort.
- Stainless steel bearings prevent the corrosion and remain efficient years after years.
- Oil filled drag washers to simply fight and survive against the pressure.
- Instant anti reverse to prevent even the slightest rotor back.
The sleek and corrosion resistant Yoshikawa Baitfeeder is designed with hassle free functions as if the professional and strater both can use it simply. The materials in it all are corrosion resistant and that’s why no more worries to consistently use it in saltwater. The multi disk drag system with oiled felt drag washers not only makes it one of the powerful reel out there, but also such a combination offers smoothest performance against any catch. To retrieve the line quickly with your simple attempt it has 5.5:1 gear ratio that is really impressive.
Features We Like:
- Foldable and interchangeable handle to easily pack this up for simple portage and quickly set the handle on the desired side.
- The Baitfeeder dragging system means you can quickly turn on the free spool mode to simplify fight with the big fish.
- Graphite and aluminum construction to lightify the weight, prevent the corrosion and provide greater strength.
- Stainless steel main shaft to beat the pressure and remain always strong.
The Daiwa Opus Saltwater Spinning Reel is composed to use on your fishing expedition in saltwater and that’s why it has been designed with superior materials to provide the optimal support for a successful fishing trip in saltwater. The infinite anti reserving system with double stopper has been added to the reel to provide a pure support for catching while the multi drag system adds smoothness and durability to retrieve the line aginst any strong fishes. It has also a great line capacity with an Abs composite spool that helps to lay the line neatly.
Features We Like:
- Able to beat the saltwater’s impacts and fight with the medium sized fish of saltwater.
- Reduces the line twists to strictly cast and retrieve the line on any condition.
- Power handle to take the pressure and easily get the loaded line into the spool.
- Aluminum frame strengths the reel and decreases the weight.
7)Supertrip Aluminum Saltwater Fishing Reel
The high speed fishing reel has a great line capacity (0.35mm/270m 0.40/210 0.50/130) with a streamline designed spool to lay the lines evenly. The brass pinion gear on it with 5.5:1 gear ratio ensures a great control for retrieving the lines with catches. As well, the durable fluted disc with steel rack bar transmission structure not only provides the smoothness, but also helps to retrieve the big catch without using your attempt. It has the reversible handle as if the both left and right arm anglers can use the fishing reel effectively.
Features We Like:
- Strong and foldable handle to save the space of your fishing backpack and help you to store other accessories.
- It retains the balance during line laying and protects the line from twisting.
- High speed line retrievement with 5.5:1 gear ratio.
- Foldable handle to easily store it and a full rust resistant body for a long lifetime.
What You Should Consider Before Choosing A Spinning Reel
These requirements would help you to choose a high performance, quality and long lasting spinning reel under $50
Materials: The materials will determine how long a fishing reel will survive in rigorous conditions and how strongly it will perform against a hooked fish. Actually a quality spinning reel should be made out with aluminum, stainless steel, graphite and even in some cases carbon fiber. These durable and quality materials will protect the reel from being corroded in the saltwater while the aluminum and carbon fiber make the reel lighter. So before choosing the reel check out what kind of materials it uses on the handle, spool, drag knob, frame and disc.
Reel Size: The reel size is a crucial factor and most of the starters may face a problem to choose the reel size as the manufacturer defines it by the number. Although the manufacturers sometimes define the number differently for the same size like if the Okuma defines 10 for a reel size, then the Kastking would define it like 100, or 1000. Here is a mini chart that may help you to determine the size.
-Small: 10/100/1000 – 35/350/3500
-Medium: 40/400/4000 – 55/550/5500
(Every model of the reel on the list includes various sizes, so you can easily pick your needed size for every model)
Even the size of the reel will determine the capacity of the line and gear ratio. So, if you are fishing in the lake, the small size is enough, but if you are fishing in the deepest sea, you may need a bigger size. And if you want to go for a fishing expedition on the river or shore, then the medium size would be great. Although I have determined the size of the reel by targeting the spot. But, if you are fishing on the deepest water or sea, there can have the probability of getting a big catch, so you obviously need a high size reel for that kind of fishing expedition. And if you prefer to catch medium or small size fishes, then the medium or small size reels would be enough for you. So you can also pick the reel size by your preference of what kind of fishes you would like to catch.
Gear Ratio: The gear ratio ensures how many times the bail will rotate to wrap the line onto the spool with your every single turn. So the higher gear ratio means, the higher number of rotations for the bail. So with a higher number of gear ratio, you can wrap the line into the spool quickly. Here Is Also A Video:
So choose the one that meets your requirements. Undoubtedly, you can expect an amazing fishing experience from these spinning reels as they are really quality. I am also amazed to see that it is still possible to discover such great spinning reels under 50 dollars that even versatile, durable and can be used in both saltwater and freshwater.